These days digital technology is available to everyone around the world. Its benefit of portability has captured the attention of medical researchers as well. Medical researchers have begun to invest their time in digital technology. We are now seeing the digitalization of the field of medicine. Understanding the difference in how it affects patient care has left us amazed.
Digitalization is not something that only the finance, manufacturing sectors are enjoying. Connected devices are also used to improve patient health care. These connected devices, at times, also help in the prevention of life-threatening diseases.
How is digital medicine shaping our world?
People would have to go to hospitals with difficulty to get themselves checked up. Now, patients can get their x-ray, ultrasound done at the ease of their home. These digital medicines allow the patient to communicate via apps and computers with their doctors. Ingestible sensors show us if anything is wrong inside the patient’s body.
Reading all of the above, we can state that digital medicine is the continuous upgrade of the medical practices. The practices of medicines with the help of these digital tools allow a more central approach to patient care. It is achieved with the help of the combined efforts of many people.
The doctors alone are not responsible for this. There are minds of computer scientists, engineers, and health care providers. All of which makes this possible. The development of digital medicines will give way to innovations in the future. It will not only benefit the patient’s health care. But will also help medical researches as well.
What is Connected Health?
Connected health points out to the various opportunities that are present in technology-based health care. It also includes new and modern approaches in the delivery of health care. The primary purpose of connected health is that patients can manage their health care. It enables the patient to get more chances to get in touch with physicians. It is minimizing the hassle of getting appointments and waiting in line at the hospitals. It will allow the patients to get hospital care outside hospitals and clinics.
How can connected health improve the patient’s condition?
There are several benefits that connected health has on the health of the patient. But if we dive deep, we can say that it does a lot more.
- Agility in treatment plans and appointments – receive medical consult at home without waiting for appointments.
- A better solution to the illness – a centralized health care system will focus more on the prevention rather than the cure.
- Minimization of errors – Automation will reduce the chances of errors that are made by manual health care systems.
- Easy monitoring of post-care – Connected health allows easy monitoring of the required care after a procedure.
- Happy patients – It not only reduces stress in patients but also in health care providers as well.
An example of connected health in digital medecine: PODOSmart
PODOSmart® is a solution using artificial intelligence algorithms that allows paramedical professionals to analyze the patient’s gait and refine their diagnosis with 13 biomechanical data.
PODOSmart® also helps to detect mobility disorders such as limping or abnormal changes in prono-supination angles in less than 30 seconds. PODOSmart® is a CE certified solution recognized as a medical device.
The PODOSmart device work in three simple steps; simple steps that provide complex data in less than a minute.
- The insoles are placed in the patients’ shoes. The patients are then asked to walk in those shoes both indoors and outdoors.
- After the patient is done the walking, the data is directly sent from the connected insoles to the web interface of the physician with the help of the Bluetooth signals.
- The final step of the gait analysis is the analysis of the activity and its corrections — the physician analyses the data, and a condition is diagnosed if there is any. The physician also makes a comparison of the way the patient has walked indoor and outdoor. Counsels the patient about the analysis, corrects to fix the gait cycle.
The data that Podosmart provides you
When the developers of podosmart claim that they provide you a thorough gait analysis, they do not fail to meet the expectations. The device provides a detailed review of how a person walks by providing data on the following points.
- Speed (walking, propulsion and average)
- Digital Gaitline
- Dynamic pronation/supination
- Time (stance, stance phases, swing, double support, stride)
- Stride length and asymmetry
Connected Health is not all positives but also has some negatives as well. Many people do not feel comfortable with this type of health care. The data of the patients stored online always includes the concern for the security of data.
People who had a bad experience in a health care setting will know how bad it to get mistreated is. Such people will know the true value of digital medicine and connected health. The numerous benefits that it has on the compliance of health care. Smart systems and an improved data management system not only provides relief to the patients but to the health care providers as well. All of this will contribute positively to happier patients and a happier life.